“Most of your patients know bad eating habits for their teeth (like sugar). But what about foods that will keep their teeth healthy and strong? Here’s a little list to keep a healthy smile.
1. Cheese: According to the American Academy of General Dentistry, eating cheese does not only lower the risk of tooth decay, but also contains calcium and protein that help strengthen tooth enamel.
2. Yogurt: healthy teeth’s superhero! It contains good bacteria that will fight the cause of cavities, while strengthening your tooth enamel.
3. Leafy greens: are always on the top list of any healthy diet, but they are also very good for our teeth. They are full of vitamins that treat gum disease and strengthen our enamel! We are saying yes to greens in our everyday diet.
4. Apples: while most sweet foods may damage your teeth, apples are not on that list. They’re high in fiber and water, which will fight against nasty bacteria and food particles. Eating an apple will stimulate your gums, a bit like brushing your teeth. Why not pack an apple for lunch to give your mouth a refreshing feeling?
5. Carrots: like apples, carrots are full of fiber and water. Adding them to your diet will strengthen your teeth for a healthier smile.
6. Almonds: are full of calcium and protein while being low in fat. No need to say we are positively nutty about them!
Another tip: water is the best drink for your teeth.”